Dub was mentioned in written documents first in the years 1274. That means that this year Dub is at least 733 years old. Original fort Dub, standing on the place of today's chateau, was rebuilt several times, changing its character from fort to castle and later to manor-chateau.
One of the first owners was Jan z Dubu (John from the Oak), but we do not have many pieces of information about him. More is known about the family Dubsky from Trebomyslice. The family had its residency (domicile) at Dub in the first half of the 15th century. Dubsky was significant Czech aristocratic family that gained huge property in part of the Czech lands called Morava during the rule of King Wenceslaus IV and later during the rule of King Ladislaw. Therefore the family sold Dub and moved to Morava. Today, posterity of this earl family owns the Chateau Lysice in Morava.
Another influential family having its residence in Dub was the knight family Boubinsky from Ujezd. Petr Boubinsky was an extraordinary man from this family who belonged to the suite of glorious Czech aristocrat Vilem from Rozmberk. Vilem trusted him and Petr accompanied Vilem to many hunts, celebrative events as well as diplomatic missions. Petr Boubinsky was among the few who were chosen by Austrian emperor to deal in his name to gain the polish crown. During the negotiations Vilem from Rozmberk, as a great rhetor, nearly managed to gain polish crown for himself.
The heraldry of the family Rican and family Hodejovsky are the first material remnants after previous owners that remained in the Chateau. (They are located above the window in the east wing and above the fireplace in the hall.)
Pavel Kavka from Ricany was one of the country's governors during the Czech estates outstanding against the Habsburgs 1618-1620. After the defeat of Czech estates in the battle of Bila hora 1620, he was not executed, because he did not stand on the top of the rebellion. But he was imprisoned in the Zbiroh castle and his property was confiscated. In 1622 his wife Agnes, born Hodejova from Hodejov paid 1/4 of the price of family property in Dub, she got Dub back to ownership. Later, she had to pay another amount of money in order to buy freedom for her husband. Pavel Kavka was finally released from prison but his health was too damaged by the troubles of his imprisonment that he died within a year after his release.
Then the owners of Dub changed several times. Family Rican was followed by family Markvart from Hradek, earls Buquy, family Rajsti from Dubnice, family Zucker from Tannfeld and baron family Nadherny.
In the year 1839 knight Mofic from Honigstein became one of the most memorable owners of Dub. He rebuilt the mansion and gave it its present Tudor stile look. Knight Mofic was unhappy with original look of Dub, so he let it rebuild according to the proposal of Josef Niklas who was a professor of architecture at the Czech Technical University in Prague. Dub had been rebuilt from 1854 to 1860. But the extensive construction works were so expensive that knight Moric run into debts. He had to sell the mansion in 1865, further he was sinking socially to ordinary steward of manor in Kolin. Later he left to Austria, where he died.
Bohumil Hlavsa, born in close village Strunkovice, depicted romantic life at Dub chateau in his roman Tiche vody (Silent Waters).
In 1865 the rich Prague citizen Odkolek bought the chateau, but in 1872 he sold it to Prague Jew Schlessinger. Schlessinger kept the mansion ten years and then he sold it to MUDr. Bellot in 1882. Four years later Bellot died after unsuccessful chirurgic operation, his wife Anna kept the chateau until 1892. Then she gave the chateau to her daughter Alina, who married Rudolf Bamberger. Anna Bellot build for herself well-built villa next to the Parish house in the village Dub. Anna lived in Prague, but she was using the villa as a summerhouse from 1902 until her death in 1922.
1917 Rudolf Bamberger sold chateau to the family Bromovsky. Josef Bromovsky was head of executive council of United Machine - Works Ruston - Bromovsky - Ringhofer. But just shortly after he bought the chateau he died in 1923. His wife Marie, born Daubek from Liten, lived here with her three children Josef, Marie and Jiri until 1948. In 1948 Josef with his mother left to Austria, where they stayed until their death. Marie left to Australia, where she lives until today. Jiri slipped to Great Britain in 1950.
In 1948 the chateau was turned into a dormitory facility for local intermediate school training college, in that time total devastation of the chateau came. The chateau was turned to dormitories, huge decorated rooms were turned into sanitary blocks (WC and bathrooms) etc. Nearly all wooden parts of the chateau, including all decorative floor covers were destroyed by dry rot.
When the last living member of Bromovsky family, Jiri, came back from Great Britain in 1992, he had not strength enough to reconstruct the chateau; therefore he decided to sell it in 1998.